Many of you are taking advantage of the summertime, hopping on planes and exploring the world. While flying isn’t the greenest of activities, there are many choices you can make while travelling that will lighten your footprint on the environment and keep you healthy.
Whoops! Steph had to bleep me in this one… and to be honest, I’m surprised this is the first time it’s happened.
I’ve just been back from Hong Kong and Steph just left on a 3-month European adventure, so we have lots to discuss. In this episode, you’ll find all sorts of tips for staying healthy, packing light, reducing waste, and sneaking in some exercise.
Here are our Top 10 Travel Tips:
- Stay somewhere with a kitchen and go grocery shopping for meals, fresh fruit, and nuts.
- Pack nutritious snacks. Be prepared: You might not always be able to find meals catering to your diet (I like ProBar, hemp seeds, and chia seeds).
- Stay hydrated (and use a reusable bottle). My weapon of choice is Klean Kanteen and Steph uses Vapur to save space.
- Travel light. Steph is doing a 3-month trip with only a carry-on! Here’s the bag she chose and here’s what she’s putting in it.
- Choose natural products that are multi-purpose. Dr Bronner’s and Diva Wash are our picks.
- Girls: Use a Diva Cup. It’s compact and you can wear it for 12 hours! Steph and I are both massive fans.
- Pack your running shoes. We both use these from New Balance, which are lightweight and portable.
- Leave your mat at home and slip on a pair of Yoga Paws.
- Walk. Walk around airports, wander the streets, take the stairs, and explore explore explore.
- Research. You can find veg-friendly hotspots using HappyCow.net, learn a few helpful phrases, and even find gym passes in your area. Plan your destinations ahead of time to avoid extra driving … and maybe go a step further by booking a stay at a certified eco-friendly hotel.