Today on the podcast we have an interview with a special guest: our friend, energy expert, and all-around-awesome person,?Julia Simone! As always, you can listen to the episode here or subscribe and listen on iTunes!
Julia is passionate about renewable and sustainable energy and has worked with several organizations doing great work, including the McGill Energy Project and the Canadian Geothermal Energy Association. In the episode, she answers all of our questions and takes us to school about ways we can be more environmentally friendly and involved.
Tune in to learn more about:
- why you should care about renewable energy
- what “baseload energy” means and why it’s so important
- why geothermal energy is so great
- some of the reasons why renewable energy isn’t used enough in North America
- the best times of day to reduce our energy usage to make the biggest difference (hint: it’s when everyone else is using it!)
- how we can vote with our dollar and also how to be politically active when it comes to this cause
- and much more!
Julia has so much information and so many interesting perspectives about this issue, so definitely take a listen. She’s also reading a cool book you might want to check out, called The Infinite Resource. She’s also helping to organize the CanGEA Geothermal conference in March – if you’re interested, get more information here!
Even if you don’t consider yourself an activist, I think we can all agree that this is an incredibly important cause. Julia taught us so much about how much our actions, both big and small, can truly make a difference. She definitely gave us so much to think about, and we hope you learn something too.
If you have any questions for Julia, leave them in the comments below or write to us on Twitter @GreenGuineaPigs. She’ll be happy to answer any questions you have! Thanks for listening.