Hello lovely listeners!
Today on the podcast we’re tackling a bit of a tricky subject: the art of meditation. We’ve both experimented with developing our own meditation practice, and we wanted to record a podcast about the ideas, tips and techniques that have helped us get our brains around this complicated subject. As always, you can listen to the podcast right here?or subscribe to us on iTunes.
Meditation can bring up a lot of resistance and objections, especially for us busy people who are always on the go and getting things done. I know in the past I’ve dismissed it as something I don’t have time for or as something I’m just not good at – as if being good at meditation is something you’re born with as opposed to something you cultivate over many years of practice! In the podcast today we break down some of the other “limiting beliefs” that have made it harder for us to get into a good meditation mindset and offer up some inspiration for developing this difficult but rewarding practice.
We also mention quite a few awesome resources:
- The app Headspace is an awesome tool for beginners. It offers 10 minute guided meditations, as well as 4 incredibly enlightening and helpful animations that really get to the root of what meditation?actually is and how it might be more accessible than you think!
- You can watch the animations on the Headspace Youtube channel (they’re about a minute long each): What is Meditation?,?On Effort, The Benefits of Meditation, On Expectation.
- I mention a book called The Power of Now which I thought had great, truly mind-opening ideas, some of which that were very helpful for meditation.
- It’s no secret that we adore Leo from Zen Habits, and we love his guide to meditation?as well as his article on 12 Indispensable Mindful Living Tools. Such good stuff.
- “Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.” – Albert Einstein
- We also mention manifesting, which is a great thing to link to your meditation practice. You can read more about manifesting miracles and abundance on Mind Body Green.
Have you ever meditated? Do you find it as challenging as we do? What have you found to be the greatest benefits for you? We would love to hear from you in the comments below or on Twitter!
Happy Tuesday, everyone!