On today’s episode, Laura and I are talking about our absolute must-haves for a healthy, happy kitchen! As always, you can listen to the show by clicking here or by subscribing to our podcast on iTunes. PS. If you like what you hear, we’d really appreciate an iTunes rating and review!
As you may know, I recently moved to Korea to teach English for a year. (If you’re curious about that, I’ve written all about it over at my blog.) Since being here, I’ve really had to build my pantry totally from scratch! This experience has really taught me to re-evaluate what my necessities really are when it comes to healthy food. Korean grocery stores often don’t carry some of the products I’m used to eating a lot, or if they do they’re much more expensive. We’re talking quinoa, chickpeas, peanut butter and avocados! (Since recording this episode I learned that you can find quinoa in some speciality grocery stores, but like all foreign foods, they’re usually two or three times more expensive than what you would pay back home.) Thank goodness for iHerb!
- In the podcast, Laura asks if you just mix PB2 with water to get peanut butter and I say no, but I’ve since learned that most people use it in exactly that way! Oops. I can be a dummy sometimes. You can also mix it into oatmeal or smoothies, like we discuss in the episode. Check out some more ideas for PB2 uses here!
- We talk about the best cinnamon I’ve ever had! Find it here.
- Laura takes me to school about the fact that you can freeze tofu!?
- The best vegan ice cream, according to resident vegan ice cream expert Laura.
- My BBQ tofu recipe!
- If you’d like to try out iHerb, you can get $10 off your first order with the coupon code LWW752!
Tune into the show to hear our favourite foods and our suggestions for how to combine them to make tasty, healthy meals!