Hey lovely listeners!
Today on the podcast, Laura is “interviewing” me about the basics of feminism. In university, I minored in Women’s Studies, so this is a topic I find both important and interesting. I was so excited to share my thoughts about it with Laura. As always, you can listen to the episode right here or subscribe to the show on iTunes.
We realize that this topic falls a little outside of our usual domain of health, wellness and eco-friendliness, but we think it’s a very important subject. And of course, feminism is very often concerned with the health and wellness of women and other groups of disadvantaged people, so to us it makes a lot of sense to talk about and learn more about these issues.
If you’re interested in learning more about feminism beyond listening to our little podcast, there are a lot of really great resources out there that explain feminist issues and ideas in a really approachable, easy-to-understand way.
- Laci Green is an awesome vlogger and sex educator who has lots of awesome videos about feminist issues. A few favourites: Why I’m a Feminist, Elliot Rodger: More Than A Madman, What Happened in Stubenville, Sex Object BS.
- Laura and I took part in our university’s version of the Who Needs Feminism movement. You can learn more about it here!
- Stuff Mom Never Told You is a great podcast about feminist issues which is very accessible and down-to-earth.
- This is an excellent video which breaks down what rape culture is and why we should care.
- If you’re curious, here’s a list of some examples of everyday rape culture.
Thanks as always for your respect, and thank you for listening to what we have to say. We appreciate you!
If you have any other questions about this topic, feel free to leave them in the comments below or on Twitter @GreenGuineaPigs.