This is my top meal in the 30-Minute-Meal?category. It’s also possibly my top meal in the Minimal-Dishes category, and the Paint-Your-Toes-While-You-Wait category.
We all have a recipe like it…One of those not-a-recipe recipes?that turns out differently every time, and where all of the measurements are eye-balled. It’s simple, it’s quick, and these veggies are seriously savory.
- Enough vegetables to evenly coat a baking sheet. (My favourites are kale, spinach, bell peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, eggplant, zucchini, and mushrooms, but use whatever you have around!)
- 1 Block of tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
- 1 Onion, chopped roughly.
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped.
- Salt and Pepper
- Tamari?to taste
- Sesame oil to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Chop everything up into bite-sized pieces?and spread evenly across your baking sheet. Add garlic and onion.
- Drizzle enough tamari and sesame oil to coat your veggies lightly. Add salt and pepper to taste, and give everything a stir.
- Roast for 20 minutes, uncovered.
These veggies taste great on their own, over rice, over quinoa, or in noodles. I personally enjoy them over a blend of quinoa and rice that I cook (in a rice cooker) while everything else is being prepped.
What are your go-to recipes for speedy, healthy meals? Let us know in the comments or on Twitter @GreenGuineaPigs!