I love breakfast to the point where it’s practically motivation for me to get out of bed. Even if there’s no time to make something like a tofu scramble burrito or juicer pulp muffins, I always make sure to get something tasty in me before heading out the door.
It drives me nuts when people skip breakfast because they “don’t have time”. Have you ever tried starting a road trip with an empty gas tank? Start eating breakfast and I promise that you’ll notice a difference in your day.
Whether your prefer your sandwich on a plate, in a bowl, or in a glass, here are 3 breakfast ideas that take 5 minutes or less to whip up:
The Elvis Sandwich
Assemble this sandwich layered with
- peanut butter
- sliced banana
- sliced apple
- honey (if you eat honey)
- two pieces of your favourite bread (mine’s Ezekiel?– available in the frozen section of most grocery stores)
Melt coconut oil (or Earth Balance or anything non-stick) in a frying pan and fry your sandwich for 2 minutes on each side.
The Superfood Bowl
The bowl is one of my favourites because you can use whatever you have on hand. Start off your bowl with
- Your favourite base (think: leftover rice, quinoa, granola, cereal, etc.)
- Your favourite milk (I prefer almond or soy)
Then just grab your favourite add-ins. Mine are:
- peanut butter (high in protein)
- nuts (high in protein)
- chia seeds (high in Omega-3s)
- hemp hearts (high in protein and essential fats)
- assorted fruits
- goji berries (high in anti-oxidants)
- cacao nibs (for magnesium, fiber, iron, and anti-oxidants… and a chocolate-y kick)
The Green Monster
- a banana
- almond milk
- a handful of spinach
- a spoonful of peanut butter
- (+ some optional guest appearances from protein powder, chia seeds, and frozen berries)
If you’re really in a rush, you can always pour your smoothie into something with a lid.
And there you have it! 3 super fast breakfast ideas that should fuel you until lunch. What are your favourite go-to morning meals?