At Guinea Pigging Green, we try to reach people just like our friends (who sometimes have sparse kitchens and only the most basic cooking utensils). While crashing at a friend’s apartment last night, true to 20-something form, I decided at 2 am that I would make everyone breakfast in the morning.
We nipped out to the nearby grocery store for just a handful of ingredients, and, despite having to make everything in batches for lack of a proper frying pan, this meal was easy and came together quickly.
Makes 6 burritos
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 cup mushroom, diced
- 2 gloves garlic, minced
- ? cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- A handful of spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 block extra firm tofu (I used?Libert? tofu with fine herbs)
- 1/4 cup salsa (If you can find it, I love?Neal Brothers)
- 6 tortillas
- Saut? the onion, mushroom, and garlic in a frying pan. After a few minutes add the cherry tomatoes and spinach while continuing to move everything around the pan using your spatula.?
- Crumble the tofu into small pieces with your hands over the frying pan. It should resemble firm scrambled eggs.
- Add the salsa and stir.?Continue frying until everything is cooked through.
- Heat the tortillas slightly before filling them and folding them into burritos. Turn the burritos so that the fold is facing down.
And that’s it!
We also set some extra salsa and hummus on the table, and drank juice out of wine glasses in the name of matching cups and pure class.